Barriers to Entry (B2E) Program
The skills you'll learn through the Barriers to Entry program will be focused on IT project management consulting. And, don't worry, no prior experience or advanced technical knowledge is needed as we're simply looking for intelligent, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized people interested in joining our PMO practice.
So, what exactly is consulting?
You will be an employee of York Solutions (which is great for many reasons!); however, on a day-to-day basis you will be working on-site at a client of ours in a project coordination/management role. With consulting, the duration of the project can vary; sometimes it’s a short term project (3-6 months) and sometimes it can extend past a year and turn into a contract-to-hire scenario where you would have the opportunity to become a full-time employee of the client. Either way, we help you navigate that process as you grow your consulting skills with us.
Examples of the work!
- Resolution of issues – problem solving skills
- Coordinating project team meetings
- Helping to maintain and update project documentation
- Developing and maintaining relationships with project team members
- Providing general administrative support
- Implementing all communication activities
- Leading teams and successful deployment of projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and planning skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Capable and driven to quickly learn new technologies and continually upgrade skill set
- Must be very flexible and able to work in a self-directed, rapidly changing environment
- Operates in a cooperative and collaborative spirit as part of the York team
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time and/or getting up and down throughout the work day
- Ability to view a computer for a long period of time
- Have sufficient manual dexterity in hands to repeatedly and frequently work a keyboard and mouse
- Communicate cogently and responsibly with co-workers and clients
- Be ambulatory enough to obtain reports and documents from nearby printers
- Have sufficient energy to work a regular full-time schedule during traditional work hours
- Think clearly enough to make decisions and communicate information
- Ability to travel to client sites
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds